PrincessPonyPartyAmazing

Ellis & Barnes: Serious Mothers!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Guess who is back to sleeping through the night?

This girl!

And this girl!


That is Katy Belle's giant mustache. Don't stare.

So as a result of three days of full nights sleep, I finished my 3rd sewing project! Technically, it is 2 projects as the 1st project was a pillow that I suddenly decided was boring and needed something...like an owl.

Now, I don't really "use" patterns. I look at them and think "that pillow pattern is essentially a square. That owl is essentially several shapes cut out and then sewn together. I am sure this is going to turn out just fiiiiiiiiine."

woot. (cough)


Try to control yourself. I know. It's AMAZING!

My theory that cute fabric doth an owl make works for me. Owl eyes aren't "round" and their wings are all different, to the point of being a hinderance to flight. Right?

woot.
(cough)

That is the fabric for the pillow. It goes just fine together.
Did I mention that the pillow was to have a zipper? Pretty much every blog I looked to for advice on sewing zippers implied that zippers were very hard to do. I found that zippers were very easy if you just ignored any directions for sewing zippers and just pinned the damned thing where you wanted it and then sewed it on there.




Actually there was a very helpful blog in which I used up to step 3 and then "winged it".
Sew Mama Sew http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=87

I don't think my sewing of the zipper made it less than perfect in the pillow. I think it is the fact that I have to measure and cut out my fabric on the floor with 2 cats who think fabric is a good time. As a result, my cuts and measurements are slightly less than perfect.

woot.



(this owl shall haunt your dreams)

The outcome?
GIANT PILLOW WITH LESS THAN PERFECT LINES AND SLIGHTLY UNFLATTERING FABRIC PAIRING.



I love it. Watch out Outsider Art markets!
woot.

xoxo, Biz

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Jordi or Biz said...

I LOVE THIS. I can't wait for more.

 
At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all this crap about babies and sewing and creepy uncles but could yall break down and review all The Lady Gaga videos and tell me if she is a genius or retarded ? I trust you since you have had a baby and it doesn't hate you yet ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home