PrincessPonyPartyAmazing

Ellis & Barnes: Serious Mothers!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Guess Who Got Engaged

These guys!


*Warning: super mushy post to follow.


That’s right young lovers, Stefan finally popped the question and totally surprised me! It was really the sweetest thing ever.

So he took me to dinner at Applewood’s, which is this super awesome, seasonal, fresh ingredient restaurant in Brooklyn. We had a really nice dinner but were having weird conversations. At one point I said…”we obviously need to get over whatever problems we are having cause its like you can’t even talk to me! I mean you just started a conversation with ‘the housing market is apparently evening out’ and you say it was a joke, but we actually had a conversation about it.”

He handles all of this really well…still no signs from him that anything is coming. We have a nice meal and some lovely wine and then we get ready for desert and they bring over the menu and I am looking at the desert menu and I am reading the list….



Elizabeth? What’s an Elizabeth? How cute they have an Elizabeth dessert…I wonder what’s in it…it is totally not registering with me…I am looking at Stefan and he is looking at me and all I can think about is…"is there caramel in an Elizabeth?”

Then it clicks and I look at Stefan again and he asks me if I’ll marry him and I say yes…and then we threw up…just kidding. Then we kissed...in public. rrrrrowwww!

Come on...can you get more romantic than having the restaurant make a special menu just for us! It was just so sweet and special and nice and...WAHHHHHH!!!!

The hostess brought us over champagne and we ordered Pecan Pie for desert and we kissed and were all goofy and here are the pictures to prove it.


Behold the ring. The state of my nails proves I had no idea this was coming. It is my Grandmama's ring on my Mama's side and I so excited to have it. It means the world to me and is a very nice tie to my past and my future.




Here is Stefan paying for dinner...just like he's gonna pay for the rest of his life. MWA HA HA....just kidding...i promise we planned that sad and worried face and that it is not indicative of his fears about our future. (gulp)






And here I am...the happiest gal alive. I love Stefan more than anything in the world and I am so excited about our future together. I love you Stefan.


(come on...doesn't that look like the face of a woman who woudl kill for Stefan?)

7 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww.

AWWW!!

Ow.

Congratulations!!!

Love,
Jerf

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god you wanted desert.

Congratufuckinglations!!!!

Awesome work Stefan.

Much love,
Ted

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I loooove Applebees.
Stuff like that happens all the time!
And Wanda Sykes is the voice
of the apple! So romantic!

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Pony stock just went THROUGH THE ROOF!

You know how I feel, Biz. You got my song.

I love you and Stefan, and I love Stefan even more since he seemed to have joined Modest Mouse in the picture where he's "Paying the Bill".

You'll all "float on" okay...
Jord.
xo

PS - Now I have to post something. GREAT.

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure Jordi. It's not enough that your Rock & Roll High School post sat at the top of the list for 6 months. Now that Biz posts some wonderful news, you can't wait to post on top of it and knock it down a peg.

I can't believe how competitive you've gotten since I put a baby in ya.

My baby mama is a jerk.

Baby mama jerk.

That being said. We were a sketch husband and wife first. And no amount of marrying will change that. So don't go thinking your so big...BIZ & STEFAN. YESSSSSSSSSS!

Love,
Ted

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Biz and/or Jordi said...

Oh its on now...the ultimate fight for title of the ultimate sketch couple. Will there be a belt?

You guys are now the ultimate sketch PARENTS, ready to live vicariously thru your child.

We are the hip new couple on the block.

AGain...there should be a belt.

and potnetially a post.

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWW Biz I'm sooo happy for you!
We miss you girlie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home