PrincessPonyPartyAmazing

Ellis & Barnes: Serious Mothers!

Friday, February 08, 2008

Fred Schneider: Not Dead!


The B-52's have a new single out. It's pretty good; a real throwback to the spacey lime green & shocking pink B-movie-type songs they used to write. So I'm listening to it on the radio and in my head I'm thinking: "Wow - they got someone who sounds like a GOOD imitation of Fred Schneider, and not a cartoon-crappy imitation". Then I was thinking: "Oh...I see what they did. They did a Nat-King Cole / Natalie Cole 'Unforgettable' with old tapes". Wrong again. I'm just the only person in the world who thought that Fred Schneider was dead, I guess.

Before I found out he was alive, I was puzzled as the radio announcer said: "That was the new B-52's! The 80's party band is back with their original line-up!" "Um...well, Fred Schneider is dead, so not the original line up", I said to the radio speaker, wondering if I should call the DJ and inform him. I waited for him to say something like: "I bet they sure miss Fred Schneider!" So then I turned to the netterwebs. I couldn't find any information confirming just his being dead or alive. I finally typed in: "Is Fred Schneider from The B-52's Dead?" and got a picture of them headlining Coachella a few years back. I was pretty relieved.

The really stupid thing is that I already went through this about two years ago. There was ANOTHER time I thought he was dead and had to sleuth around to confirm his being alive and well.

WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER THAT FRED SCHNEIDER IS ALIVE?

I also have been dating things '2006' all day today. I had to check the newspaper to really confirm what year it is; just like Scott Bakula.
I'm losing my mind.

J.

3 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger evan said...

Scott Bakula is still alive!?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger owen93 said...

You are quite Correct that Fred Schneider died a few years back, I remember it well too.

However what you need to understand is that we live in a continuum of time and space and that there are multiple worlds each of which have their own Space/Time track.
Some people, usually those with significant experience in both psychedelics and Shamanic/Magickal Praxis jump tracks and notice that things they remember from another track are no longer true in the new track.

When you consider that matters like life or death are included in those differences the implications are staggering.

These life/death differences are most glaring with celebritys and I don't know why they are so prevalent but they are.

Roy Orbison Died twice in may various "travels" which was VERY strange.

keep your eyes open, if you've seen this in one case you will see it again and again and again.

:-)

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew! Thanks. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home