PrincessPonyPartyAmazing

Ellis & Barnes: Serious Mothers!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

T-Shirt Pillows

I know PPAers,

You have been on some punny pins and needles, waiting for more of my amazing (cough) crafts.  Of course, by crafts I mean pillows. All I really seem to want to make is pillows. Actually there is an elephant and a t-shirt dress I want to make for Katy Belle, but all projects have been on hold while I have been working on my friend, Jaime's pillows.

Jaime came to me with a big bag of her favorite t-shirts and jeans and said, "I love these things but they no longer fit and yet I can't throw them away. Will you make something out of them for me?"

Like pillows?

"Anything you want!"

OK. Pillows it is.

The first thing I did was cut everything to shreds. "whoops! I am not sure at all what I am doing."

I started sewing stuff together and one idea became another idea and then a week became two weeks and then I'd come back and think "oh god this sucks! Jaime gave me her favorite stuff and I ruined it!"

Then another week passed and then I sewed more stuff together. Then I got super inspired and started cutting again and then I realized I'd only sewn 4 other things previously and those things were pillows. Easy, square, straight edged, pillows.

After finally letting go of Jaime possibly hating me, I finished the pillows and actually feel pretty good about them.

Look, this isn't a tutorial. Ok, here is your tutorial. Cut everything up and try to sew it back together then stuff it with pillow filling. Tutorial.

4 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous M said...

Awesome!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Stefan said...

That's my amazing wife that I love!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jordi or Biz said...

Biz, you're freaking AMAZING.
J.

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Kevin Chesley said...

Delicious. I will bring you some t-shirts in June.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home