PrincessPonyPartyAmazing

Ellis & Barnes: Serious Mothers!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

"HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS"


So this is the new name for Book Seven.

All I can think about is that the title sounds like a chorus or something you start chanting softly, and then building to a rebel yell in a rock anthem.

Now take theBeastie Boys in 'Rhymin' & Stealin':

(softly) "Ali Baba and the forty thieves....Ali Baba and the forty thieves (tad stronger) Ali Baba and the forty thieves....(pretty strong now) Ali Baba and the forty thieves......(Fucking yell it!) ALI BABA AND THE FORTY THIEVES! ALI BABA AND THE FORTY THIEVES! ALI BABA AND THE FORTY THIEVES! ALI BABA AND THE FORTY THIEVES!!!"

(You're feeling it right now, huh? You want to put on 'Licensed to Ill'
now, huh? Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhh. You can't see how cool I look right now. And it's a bloody shame.)

My point is - "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" needs a song built around this already kickass chorus. And the word 'hallows' should almost be garbled. Like "HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HAUGNGHAGUH!"

And the band should all be 18 year-old boys in school uniform. Actually maybe not - since my freakishly tall teen nephew in Sydney just announced that he'll be going to St. Augustine's next term...and his uniform is very Hogwart's like. Perhaps it's time I stop looking at Harry Potter like a Hooters waitress and more like what people have been telling me all along; That I'm just too, too, too, too, too, too, too, too, too, old for him.

Awesome. I think I'll go have a slice of Disapointment Cake.
Hoooo-ray.
-J.

3 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Biz and/or Jordi said...

HA HA HA!

The HOgwarts outfit like a hooters outfit....that is hilarious.

I will also now be chanting that the rest of the day...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Biz

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used to play against Deathly Hallows High when I was a power forward on the JV basketball team. They had scary uniforms, but oddly enough, we always beat their asses.

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I often read your blog, but I rarely comment, because, like most important men who use Consort hairspray and carry attache cases, I can't be bothered. I do like it, however, even though I often don't get it. Incidentally, "deathly hallows" are used to describe the thin shadows below the cheeks of people like Rene Zellwegger and Lance Henriksen. TTFN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home