PrincessPonyPartyAmazing

Ellis & Barnes: Serious Mothers!

Monday, April 10, 2006

But Do I Like Them Enough?

I'm talking about The Coldplay.

Coldplay. They have never pissed me off.

I've had discussions with Ted (not ones going too deeply, which is a sign of their non-commital status in my mental record collection) about how Coldplay is a good solid band with a good solid sound; sometimes they're wistful and dream-like. They have aural 'layers' which I'm sure sound amazing on headphones. I KNOW they'd sound amazing on headphones. I've liked every one of their songs so far and (unlike Randy Newman) they have never pissed me off. So why don't I own a Coldplay album? I just don't know. And I'm sure you don't care, but I'm in a lull of boredom today and I just heard Coldplay, I turned them up just slightly and that just got me thinking.

What am I waiting for? Is it that maybe a little Coldplay goes a long way? Is it that they didn't grab me by the throat as other bands have done in the past, making me their slave for months and months as I listened to nothing else? Are they too 'pretty' sounding in the way that if something tragic happens, I'll never be able to listen to them ever again? Are they strictly for slo-mo tragedies?

I bet that's it. No that's it!

Coldplay is music to watch your wife die in childbirth as you hold your baby for the first time-by.

Well good. Mystery solved.
-J.

2 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's also good for Peter Pan. The new Peter Pan. The one that's good and has real kids in it.

Coldplay is also a street term for having sex when you're sick and rubbing your snot in your private places.

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coldplay is for people who think Radiohead have gone off the deep end, and mostly release unlistenable crap to make them seem deeper than they really are.

People like me.

I actually like Coldplay okay, but I don't think I've got any on my iPod.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home