PrincessPonyPartyAmazing

Ellis & Barnes: Serious Mothers!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Crafts: made with love

aka..."you crafts are bad."

So my internet ban is over now that I have seen the final Lost episode. With all my sudden free time (HA HA HA HA cough HA HA) I decided I needed to do some craft projects.

There are 2 projects from actual books (not me making yet another pillow case or eyeballing out some sort of horrific sewing project). Actual projects.

The first one was pretty easy and I am very pleased. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the laptop cover:

Ta daaaaaa
Two fabrics:
 Impressive.  A computer goes inside of it...meaning I made it the right size. Watch out Etsy.


 Nice, no? Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas? Amazon gift certificates. 

Next on the crafting agenda...an elephant.

"Biz, there is no way you are sewing an elephant."

Strangers, you are right...sort of. I mean, I made an elephant but he isn't all right.

The book image is so cute! Which I can't find online but imagine a cute elephant doll like this:

Now take a look at this:


AHHHHHH! Don't make it angry! It might charge you! 

Ok, so this is pre-ears, but it definately is the place where you say to yourself "even with a pattern to follow, some of us just are not that good."

Which is ok....made with love people.

Wait for it...I was about to take another picture of my sad, deaf, elephant when my baby decided to go after her favorite thing:
CORDS!

Yeah, yeah, I know. We have the whole room pretty much baby proofed except these two cords. A whole room of magical things to touch and explore and this baby comes straight to the cords. Obviously a genius. 

Anyway, back to...
...the elephant. Now with ears! Which admittedly makes the elephant look more like an elephant. It may even detract from its legs.


What is up with the legs? I stuffed. I tugged and pulled and measured and cut and all those things and I got me a gimpy elephant. 

(Insert adorable picture of Katy Belle asking in a sitcomy way) "What's Uuuuuuuppppp?"

So, does made with love pass the test?


No. No It doesn't.

Let's hear it for not so great crafts and the children who don't like them! 

Love, Biz


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hooray for first crafting attempts! IT'S WONDERFUL! those are weird shapes to stitch together! lots of gussets - weird curves - and eventually all elephant legs end up like that do to the properties of fibers. there aren't any bones in there, you know? I'm impressed! keep up the good work! yay!

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Shelle said...

LOL - ROTFLMAO!!!
That's tooo funny! You HAVE to come by tomorrow and link this up. Puh-leeeze!!

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Shelle said...

Hey Biz - Thanks for linking up this FAIL. I seriously LOVE it!

The link you posted wasn't working, so I fixed it. Your post headers aren't linkable. That'd make it easier for you the next time. If you don't know how to change that, let me know and I'll be glad to help you. :)

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

haha too funny! the elephant looks like it had "a great personality" hehehe! visiting from dreamy nest

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Christine said...

I am laughing so hard at your story and pictures, the tears are rolling down my cheeks! You have to love people who can laugh at themselves! Thank you for sharing...also visiting from Dreamy Nest

 

Post a Comment

<< Home