PrincessPonyPartyAmazing

Ellis & Barnes: Serious Mothers!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Baby Wants to Play...

...with everything BUT her toys.

We just returned from a week in California. It was lovely and there will be a wrap up post this weekend. That said, before we left, you could plop Katy Belle (8 months and 3 weeks) down in front of a basket full of toys and she would be amused for hours. Ok, not hours, but long enough for me to clean the kitchen or eat a sandwich or blink. Now it has been a week and Katy Belle (now nine months officially, ew la la) is totally board with her toys and only wants to drag a belly in any direction that results with a plugged in cable at the end...or a cat.

Yes, yes...don't freak out, we are in the process of bundling and hiding cables and lets face it, our apartment isn't big enough to allow us to be anywhere that we CAN'T see her. In terms of cats...well, cats and babies gotta learn.

Cardboard boxes, once a thing of endless wonder...boring.

Cabinet full of tupperware....boring.

Even the old reliable set of house keys is out of the picture. Hey, don't judge me. You can't swallow house keys and if it hurt her mouth she wouldn't chew on them.

"Hi Katy Belle! Where are you going? Oh? Out of 6 different, closed cabinets, you are choosing the one the garbage can is behind? Yeah, that one, where the inside of the door is sticky and a little pink? Good choice."

"Hello Katy Belle! On the move again? Wonderful! How about you drag a belly over here to see...what? You'd rather remove the grating at the bottom of the fridge? Genius!"

When I was on my own for the first time, I got a cat. I was about 20 years old at the time. Sometime during the first year or so, I had the realization that I was going to have this cat for a long time...10 years?   Possibly longer than I had lived at that point. I actually had Louise for 13 years, moved at least 8 times, through 4 different states, winding up here in NYC.

I guess my point is, I just had that realization with Katy Belle, except it's going to be a lot longer than 10 years and she isn't going to poop in a box...regularly.

Yikes.

I wonder what I will realize tomorrow?

Biz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home