PrincessPonyPartyAmazing

Ellis & Barnes: Serious Mothers!

Monday, August 02, 2010

Things I like

Hello PPPAers!

I was having a nice day in which I was enjoying things and I thought, "You know who might like these 'things?' The five of you."

So here are some things I like and suggest you try if you want to have a nice time.

1. I like having $40 in my pocket. $20 is nice but still can make me feel limited. $40? Well, it can make any day feel like pay day! Plus, you never know when the technology apocalypse is going to happen and won't you feel good with cash when that ATM just went Maximum Overdrive on that dude.

2. The Splendid Table. If you like food and listening to a someone sound like they are constantly in a state of joyous ecstasy, this is the NPR show for you. This isn't just recipes, its conversations about food and people who like food. Go download a podcast...any episode.

3. Castle on ABC. Just give it a try. Its cozy. Just come to terms with the fact that even though you still listen to your Breeders cd, you are older now and the poor man's Brendan Frasier is a turn on.

4. The Urban Homestead. This is a book that was suggested to me by Martha. It is all about learning or relearning how to make your urban living environment less urban....from pickling (which I already love, but will help you from pickling botulism for the winter) to raising chickens (a girl can dream), to saving on electricity (fine, I guess my charger doesn't have to be plugged in when not in use), to composting...and pooping in a bucket. What I like about this book is that despite talking about pooping in a bucket, it is  2 out 10 on the militant scale where 10 means "did you enjoy that tomato? I grew it in my own poop. There is a bucket under your chair, please recycle...the tomato."I felt like a new person just reading it even though I know I won't leap to implement.

P.S. I will never poop in a bucket...unless of course there is a technology apocalypse.

Jordi, I miss you.

XOXO, Biz

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been needing a Pony fix! Love you, love this. xoxoLivia

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous M said...

Woohoo! I love Castle too. And I feel the same way about U.H.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home