PrincessPonyPartyAmazing

Ellis & Barnes: Serious Mothers!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Guess who had passes to NY ComicCon?

This girl!
I am the one in the Tron shirt and Star Wars hat. I think the Predator on the right wants to take me home.

I love ComicCon. Not just for the overwhelming amount of comics, movie sneak peeks, game demos, fantasy writers and Welcome Back Carter action figures you can get, but also for the ailse upon aisles of creepy, Japanese, dress up, borderline "furry" culture that is there too. Don't know about the furry culture?

Please enjoy a scene from one of my favorite CSI's. 

If only there was a CSI convention. Don't look at me.

Anyway, what I love most about ComicCon is all the people who dress up. Sadly, Stefan and I did not don our Green Arrow and Black Canary outfits...mainly because we have grown lazy with a 14 month old baby, and trying to haul her across town to the edge of Manhattan in what is essentially a corset and blond wig on a Friday afternoon...lets just say I can sleep without having checked that off some sort of bucket list.

So please enjoy some of my favorites.

Here I am with the Marvel Family. I love this because one day Katy Belle will have to be dressed as Speedy or Red Arrow. (Sorry baby girl, you can use it in your favor when you want to borrow the car down the road.)


Ok, who let the hot ghostbuster in here? 


Who is this guy...attractive AND has an excellent Ghostbusters costume with nary a black spray painted toilet paper roll in sight? 

Still, he doesn't hold a candle to Stefan as Green Arrow. Lets see if I can dig out that photo from a few years ago.


Guess whose first ComicCon it was?

 My sista! She did very well...and we did rearkably well... when Stefan made the ultimate sacrifice and took Katy Belle home so I could continue to bask in my nerdiness (he got an unopened Whitesnake album in return)...and Helen and I (I swear, loaded only with coffee) stumbled upon some alternate ComicCon universe with hot dudes in costume. 

Hello Clark Kent.

So we find ourselves with hot Clark Kent who announces he is raising money for the Christopher Reeve Foundation. He was able to communicate this between my sister and my squeals of delight when he ripped open his shirt.



So we are going on and on about how handsome he is when he says "hey mom, take a photo with both  of them."

Mom? I turn, and not to be unkind, but there is his mother who is not quite "Clark Kent hot" if you know what I mean and she has been there the whole time listening to us go on as if we were at a male review in Panama City, FL. I don't know what to say other than "um, your son is so handsome and this is such a nice thing he is doing." (Raising money, not allowing himself to be fondled by the likes of me and my sister.)

Helen asked about the charity as she deposited her money into the giant jug of money and he says "its nothing official, I am just going to drop it off at their center next week."

blink

Pardon my southern but he ain't gonna take that money anywhere but to his bank and I am now suspicious about his so called "mother."

We moved on only to discover "hot" Captain America. 2 things...I had seen a number of not "hot" Captain Americas already lurking about the convention, and secondly, I am not a Marvel fan. 

Hello! Are you accepting money for a charity as well?


God bless my sister. When he looked at her with some hesitation when she asked if he would turn around for her photo, I believe her words were "Honey, you package all that in all this and it deserves to be photographed." 

At least that was the gist. 

So here is to another successful ComicCon. If you need me I will be enjoying part 1 and 2 of Darwyn Cooke's graphic novel remakes of Richard Stark's Parker character. Joy.

xoxo, Biz

2 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Blogger Jordi or Biz said...

Oh HELLS yeah, Biz! Nice reporting. I know that Anonymous will tell you any minute now that we gave her/him really great advice because of saveabreakup dot com. This is his/her way of saying that you did an excellent job of covering Comic Con.

xoxo J.

 
At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Livia Scott said...

Excellent post!!!! I love how you set up the fun and drew out the punchlines with bangs of language and photography. YOU ROCK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home