PrincessPonyPartyAmazing

Ellis & Barnes: Serious Mothers!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

FIRSTS


My mother sent me a bunch of my old toys from Australia and among them, the Fisher Price Ferris Wheel was in there!

I haven't seen this thing since I was probably deemed "too old" to play with it, so away it went. Boy, am I glad I have it again for so many reasons; it's colorful and happy (as is all Fisher Price stuff from the glorious Technicolor 1960's). But take a closer look...


The Old Tymey carnival barker taking the tickets is right out of The Music Man; a cheerful chap game for a melody on a Bicycle Built for Two...

...But the fellow working the ride looks like life cheated him somehow. This is a baby toy and it's saying: "Life blows". He is expected to operate the ride using only his arms and somebody stole his click-on hair. Judging by the freckles, he's a redheaded boy. The whole thing is just unfortunate. This toy is a warning.


Also in the box was my first doll. His name is Mr. Gobblegoose. My parents told me that he's supposed to be a kindly cobbler who whistles while making shoes for the villagers at the village where he lives, but his face tells a different story.


"I live in a cabin and play with household cleaners."



Over time, unable to escape the eyes of Mr. Gobblegoose, those eyes inspired a game with the cover of Billy Joel's Piano Man: "How long can I stare into Billy Joel's eyes before I scream and have to throw a sweater over his face?" I am scared of a lot of things.



You don't know the half of it.
J.

2 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Biz and/or Jordi said...

Jesus...check out the guns on that unhappy Ron Howard. Mercy. Angry Opie, the music man, Mr. Gobblegoose and Billy Joel look like they are on crack.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Dr_Love said...

I want to throw a sweater over my computer monitor right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home