PrincessPonyPartyAmazing

Ellis & Barnes: Serious Mothers!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Guess who went to Disney World? (like two weeks ago...jeesh!)

These guys!
I had to run a conference for my company down at Disney World and Stefan came along so that we could play for a few days at Disney. We were there Monday thru Sunday. Guess who worked


The first 4 days while SOMEONE else was having a good time in all the parks?


This Girl!



Guess Who was having a good time by himself in all the parks?
This guy! The guy who takes a bunch of pictures of himself all over the parks!
Here is Stefan taking a picture of himself on the monorail!


Here is Stefan taking a picture of himself as he enters into the Magic Kingdom.

Here are all the people that Stefan beat out to get into the park first by being there SUPER early. Suckers!

And here is the little plaque that you pass under as you enter into the Magic Kingdom. I will admit, that when i saw it (4 days later) it tugged a bit on my cynical heart...until I got stuck behind a parade and wanted to shoot myself in the fantasy.


Oh good, here is another picture of Stefan enjoying the view of our hotel, The Grand Floridian.


Now for more pictures of Stefan taking pictures of Stefan. This time in front of Thunder Mountain!
Now in front of what i guess is Adventure land, except all of these self pictures are a bit non-descript. Looking good Stefan!


Maybe he is on the people mover in Futureland? Your guess is as good as mine.
Awwwww...no one to play checkers with? Only 3 more days till Biz gets out of her conference and gets to come play with you! YAY HOORAY!

Ok, here is my favorite picture that Stefan took of the whole trip. Someone writing Jesus in the sky over Disney World.
wuh-wow. Smiley face.
So the conference ended and Stefan and I kicked our portion of the vacation off with having dinner at the California Grill, atop the Contemporary hotel, which is touted as the nicest restaurant in the Disney compound (as i like to call it).
So we got decked out.

Here is me...
Lovely...very classy, with heels and a lot of time spent on hair.

And here is Stefan...
Looking very handsome in a very nice shirt and closely shave face.

And here, just to the right of Stefan....
...is the restaurant filled with screaming fat kids and their cut off wearing, sun burned, khaki pant clad parents who are all behaving as if they have never eaten out before. I swear food was tossed. And i got no problem with that in many establishments. I just found it very "American" that at what is supposedly the 4 star restaurant you get people behaving as if they are in McDonald's.

They truth is, it might be me who shouldn't be taken anywhere. Surprise!
And now for a bowl of butter.

Actually, its olive oil. Maybe you have heard of it. Some people dip bread in it. oooo-la la!

Outside of the clientele, the food was wonderful and so was the wine! I learned that red Zinfandel doesn't suck like that pink stuff does. Look at me learning! Woweewowwow!


Here we are at the crack of nine to be the first into Disney's MGM park. Totally worth it because within 15 minutes of entering the park we were the first on to the Rock and Roller Coaster...which was AWESOME and then fast passed for....

The Tower of Terror. Unflattering picture? Yes it is. Why? Because as Stefan is taking my picture, the Rock and Roller coaster line starts moving behind him and I am at this moment shouting "The line is moving, we've got to move!" I am sure we would have been stampeded otherwise, were it not for my hysterical shouting. FYI the Tower of Terror is awesome, even if you are forced to go on the ride with 16 year old idiot guys who try to impress their "maybe if i act stupid he'll like me" girls, who speak at a yell throughout the whole thing.
See, in this shot, it looks like Stefan is WEARING the Micky Fantasia hat. (See this whole thing is nothing like your Aunt's boring slide show of her trip to the grand canyon....SHUT UP!)

Ok, hilarious fake NYC back drop. What, no Twin Towers? Everything else in this park is 10 years old.

I won't begin to go into all the things that are wrong with this fake subway entrance. Lets just say it didn't smell like human feces so the authenticity was lost on me.So we are heading into the StarTours section...FYI again, simulator rides make Biz throw up in her mouth a bit...anyway, and there is a Storm Trooper...who apparently did want to ham it up with me...maybe because I ignored the line of small children with eyes a glow with the wonder for Star Wars. F that! I ain't waiting for children.


Ok, so as you walk through the park, there is this little courtyard with the weirdest collection of celebrity busts. Here is Stefan groping Oprah Winfrey's bust. Bust and Bust. I am awesome...and a bit jealous of Oprah right now.

Note: I liked MGM best when it came to crowd control. All the parks are like a hotbed for ignorance of others....giant people or kids on leashes or double wide stroller races....all wondering around with out thinking of the people around them..usually ramming in to each other. moving to slowly to care if people want to get around you etc...I know...what should I expect...how many people are like me and Stefan, just there to hit the rides, unencumbered by weight or children with a New York attitude of moving right along...but what I am getting at is MGM is based on Hollywood so it has "Streets" with lines down the middle and people for the most part miraculously obeyed the same rules of traffic in this set up. IT WAS GREAT! We should paint lines everywhere!

You know what? Chicken Butt. (I am like a bar of comedy gold.) Ok, you know what? I am going to stop here. I will be back later this week with more Disney pics, including the water park and disappointing Epcot!




1 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. You and Stefan out to dinner dressed in your swanks are definitely winners of the Good Looking of the Year Awards.

Raowrrr!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home